If you are looking for construction jobs, the first thing you will need is a resume. When it comes to your resume, it is important that you have the right things listed. By knowing what to put in the resume, you have a better chance that your resume will be noticed.
Is your resume up to snuff? Then fill out an application to become a Skillforce employee!
What to Put in Your Resume
This list is a quick list of things that need to be in your resume. If you are not good at typing, have someone type the resume for you. A lot of jobs will want you to submit your resume online. So it is important to have a copy saved on a computer so you can easily share it.
- Personal Details – Use a header with your name and contact details. It is up to you whether you include your address, it is good to list at least the city you live in. Add your phone number and email address.
- Professional Summary – This should be at the top of your resume. It should be two to three sentences with experience you have had and personality traits or qualities. So you may write something like; A skilled laborer who is hard working and punctual. I have had 10 years’ experience in the building trade and work with a high level of detail.
- Qualifications – In this section you will put the skills you have learned while on other jobs. You can also add more personality traits like; great at following instructions and working as a team. Use a list with bullet points for this section.
- Employment Experience – This is the place to list constructions jobs you have had. If you have had many jobs you may only want to list the last five. Otherwise, only list jobs you have held in the last five years. List the name of the job, the employer, and what you did on the job. If you have spaces where you didn’t have a job for extended times, do not list dates on your resume.
- Education – List schooling, degrees, and any on the job education you had. If your education stands out, you can list it high up on your resume, otherwise towards the bottom is good.
Important Things to Remember
When writing your resume you should include all of the things in the first list. You should also remember these important things.
- Your resume should be one page.
- Make sure there are no spelling mistakes.
- Keep your resume up to date.
- Have a printed copy and an online copy.
- Have someone else read your resume and give feedback.
- Be sure your contact details are correct.
Fill Out an Application to Become a Skillforce Employee!
Having a good resume is the first step to getting noticed for construction jobs. An employer can see hundreds of resumes each day, so it is important to get it right. Use these guidelines to help you find the construction jobs you want.
Do you have what it takes to be a Skillforce employee? Fill out an application today!